Contact me !

If you need to contact me , please write to me to this email ID : manjupadmasekar@yahoo.com. I will be happy to help.

Monday, June 10, 2013

What is a good embryo ?



A good embryo is one which becomes a healthy baby. Unfortunately with the embryo selection methods available now, it is hard to predict which embryo will become a baby. Grading embryos according to their appearance under the microscope is not fool-proof. Sadly, most embryos fail to develop into a baby because of the genetic defects they carry. Recently, a technique to screen the embryos for chromosomal defects , which allows the doctor to transfer only those embryos which do not have chromosomal defects , has been claimed to provide better pregnancy rates after embryo transfer. It is called comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS). IVF success rates are likely to increase in the future, as these technologies mature and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write to me! It makes me happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...