Contact me !

If you need to contact me , please write to me to this email ID : manjupadmasekar@yahoo.com. I will be happy to help.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

On Pain By Khalil Gibran







These wisest words from Khalil Gibran gives me so much solace. I read "The Prophet" by Khalil Gibran and I felt no one has ever expressed such complex emotions in human life so simply yet profoundly, effectively and accurately.


Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses
your understanding.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its
heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the
daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem
less wondrous than your joy;

And you would accept the seasons of your heart,
even as you have always accepted the seasons that
pass over your fields.

And you would watch with serenity through the
winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.

It is the bitter potion by which the physician within
you heals your sick self.

Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy
in silence and tranquillity:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by
the tender hand of the Unseen,

And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has
been fashioned of the clay which the Potter
has 
moistened with His own sacred tears. 

3 comments:

  1. Manju,

    I am amazed about how emotionally resilient you are !

    As Nietzsche said, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr, I am happy to see you here, as always.

      You are one of the most important person who keeps me resilient. I will never forget the constant support I received from you during those 10 hellish days. If not for you, I would have gone mad. Our sincere thanks to you and may you stay blessed always. I am very happy to have a Dr like you.

      Delete
  2. Manju, how are you? I have been thinking of you. Do update and talk about your feelings if it makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Please do write to me! It makes me happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...