Contact me !

If you need to contact me , please write to me to this email ID : manjupadmasekar@yahoo.com. I will be happy to help.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A query about Malpani Infertility Clinic


This query which I got from one of my blog reader is very honest. Many will hesitate to ask these questions but she was so good in putting her doubts in words.

Question : 
 I am a regular visitor of your blog and found very useful information.  We are facing fertility problem since long. We are living in Delhi and belong to a medium family. Two failed IVF(ICSI) cycles in Delhi.  Reason for IVF failure was poor embryo quality. They were little  fragmented. So doctor suspected my egg quality is poor. I am taking Coq 10 now and planning for next round in November. We are planning for Dr Malpani guaranteed Success program, although it cost too much , which is bothering us. To manage such a large fund is really very difficult for us, but we will try to do. As we became so much frustrated with this issue and want to give our  best and final. Here I need your opinion as an elder sister, i am 32 now. I have read about doctor Malpani and one of my friend told me that he is too commercial, but whenever I  saw your blog I was convinced you would tell me the truth.
Now my decision depends on your reply , so please try to answer my queries- 

1. Does Dr Malpani pay attention to all his patient or only to  some specific VIP patients like you who is a blog writer((Please do not get angry))
2. My husband has motility issue, does it make our case weak ?
3. Does IVF protocol make any difference in embryo quality.
4. Is it safe to fly after embryo Transfer. 
5. Is it ok to do follow up with other doctors after positive pregnancy test.
6. Why did you choose Dr Malpani over others ?
7. Is doctor Malpani commercial ?
8. Do they handle each case on their own or handover to associates ?

How can I contact you by phone.

I am waiting for your reply.
 
Answer :
Nice to hear from you. I appreciate your questions :) and I am not a bit angry ! I am sorry that two of your attempts failed - Is your husband's sperm motility issue the reason for IVF ? Can you please send me the photos of embryos transferred to you ? This will give me a better idea about their quality. You should remember quality of an embryo also depends on the competency of the embryology lab. Can you send me the complete details of your IVF cycle in Delhi ? What is your AMH value ? Dosage of meds used ? How many eggs retrieved, how many fertilized and how many transferred ?

 1.  
Does Dr Malpani pay attention to all his patient or only to  some specific VIP patients like you who is a blog writer
 He treats all his patients the same, including me ! I had a chance to see him and talk with him less than 10 mins this time. I had nothing much to ask and my FET is quite straight forward. He gives the same treatment to all his patients and  treats everyone as a VIP. Dr. Anjali does the egg collection and scan, the embryologist , Dr Sai, does all the fertilization work and loads the embryo into the catheter and Dr. Malpani does the consultation and ET.
 
2. My husband has motility issue, does it make our case week.
No, definitely not ! ICSI will give you the best chance for success.
3. Does protocol make any difference in embryo quality?
I think so, because better eggs will give rise to better embryos.
4. Is it safe to fly after embryo transfer?
I did fly after my ET :)
5. Is it ok to do follow up with other doctors after positive preg test.
Sure, you have to !
6. Why did you choose Dr Malpani over others.
1.    I am comfortable with his conservative approach (He doesn't order unnecessary tests and therapies)
2.     He is very knowledgeable (He knows what he does!)
3.    It is very easy to contact him (available 24/7 via e-mail)
4.    He is not over optimistic nor does he promise the moon; he doesn't think he is God or the final authority on IVF. He clearly understands that only certain things are in his hand and does that part of the work well good. They are very transparent in what they do, from embryo photos to medical bills everything is open and documented !
5.    The clinic is so compact there is no need to run around. I felt very comfortable.
6.    I believed in him - this is my intuition! When you select a doctor you can't know 100% about their honesty or competency. Our intuitions play a major role. I like his honest writings and I believed him whole-heartedly. The vibes we create around us (the way think about a person) play a very important role about how the opposite person reacts with us :) I went with good vibes. I didn't look at Dr Malpani with suspicion. Once I selected them I believed them :)
    
7. Is doctor Malpani commercial ?
Every doctor needs money to survive-aren't they humans? What do you mean by commercial? His clinic is in a costly area and he has staff to feed. They charge a bit more than others but it is all worth at the end because of the service they provide. They don't charge anything extra.
8. Do they handle each case on their own or handover to associates ?
    No, Dr. Malpani and Dr. Anjali handle everything themselves. They do not have any assistants.

I hope this helped ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write to me! It makes me happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...